Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just three days back and ready for a break

I never realized that, once I had retired, I'd be thinking about things such as Fall Break.
But, since I'm teaching more courses now than I did when I was a full-time faculty member, I'm getting that "It's almost Fall break" fever.
What's worse is that it's only Tuesday and I've only been back from New Orleans just over two days. (Well, two and a half. )
Next week was to be my trip to Hot Springs, AR for the 20th anniversary celebration of the Documentary Film Festival. I've been every year since 1996, and taken a van load of Lambuth students every year since 1998.
But Lambuth is gone and, apparently, so is my energy for driving six hours each way to see films and meet some people I see once per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment