Thursday, May 9, 2013

End stage

The Spring semester did not begin well.
Caught a version of the flu not covered by this year's vaccine.
Was declared end stage in kidney failure
Had surgery on Valentine's Day. Missed a week of classes.
My mother passed away in March. Missed another week of classes.
Had a week of dialysis training in April.  Missed another week of classes.
Spent the final three weeks of the semester (a) doing at-home peritoneal dialysis four times a day and (b) having classes four nights a week to make up the lost time from surgery, a funeral, and training.

On the brighter side, Anthony and I explored Washington D.C. while attending the annual national conference of the Popular Culture Association.  Had I known what my blood work the following week would indicate, I might not have taken the trip, since I was apparently clinically dead.  

I've decided to use Blogger to cover my situation in more detail.
Don't worry. I'll write about other things.  Like going to see One Direction next month in Nashville. I bought the tickets last April.  That's right, April 2012. And, no, I'm not selling them. 

Later in the Summer, it's back to Nashville for Bruno Mars. I'll document these trips too.

Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment